Trending: How the Stigma of Mental Health is Changing with Pop Culture
— Read on recovergateway.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/trending-how-the-stigma-of-mental-health-is-changing-with-pop-culture/
Archive for the ‘Assessments’ Category
The United States is in the midst of an epidemic. The small county I work in reports 3-5 calls per day for opiate related overdoses. Treatment programs from around the area have huge wait lists and people are dying every day. Experts at a recent round table discussion on the problem are predicting that it […]
Have your mandatory alcohol and drug evaluation completed prior to going to trial.
The first reason for this suggestion is if you do have an alcohol or drug problem, the sooner you face the problem, the sooner you are on the road to beating the problem.
Second, even if you do not have a drug or alcohol problem, the sooner you seek a private, independent assessment, the more likely this prompt action will impress your trial judge, in the event of a conviction or if your DUI-DWI attorney can arrange a favorable negotiated plea in your case.
Furthermore, the results of you actions may also be used by your attorney in his or her discussions with the prosecutor.
If this evaluation shows you have no drug or alcohol problems, this might give some credence to yet another reason why the charges against you might be lessened.
Call today for your evaluation 314-956-3139
Since 2005, Missouri law has had a special method of expungement for a person who pleaded guilty to or was convicted of being a minor in possession of alcohol one time in Missouri. If more than a year has passed since the charge was disposed of or the person turns twenty-one, whichever is earlier, and the person has had no other MIP expungements and has had no other alcohol-related law enforcement contacts (like drunk driving or violating the terms of a liquor license), then all records of the case can be completely deleted upon proper application to the Circuit Court of the county in which the person was charged
Self Test for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
Please answer yes or no to the following questions:
1. Do you lose time from work due to your drinking or drug use?
2. Is drinking or drug use making your home life unhappy?
3 .Do you drink or use drugs because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking or using drugs affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking or drug use?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of your drinking or drug use?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking or using drugs?
8. Does your drinking or using drugs make you careless of your family’s welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking or using drugs?
10. Do you crave a drink or drugs at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink or drugs the next morning?
12. Does drinking or drug use cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or using drugs?
14. Is drinking or using drugs jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles?
16. Do you drink or use drugs alone?
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of your drinking or drug use?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use?
19. Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been in a hospital or institution on account of drinking or drug use?
Please contact me for a more comprehensive confidential assessment. 314-956-3139
This test was written at Johns Hopkins University to assess for alcoholism and drug addiction.