Trending: How the Stigma of Mental Health is Changing with Pop Culture
— Read on recovergateway.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/trending-how-the-stigma-of-mental-health-is-changing-with-pop-culture/
Posts tagged ‘Alcohol Assessment’
Since 2005, Missouri law has had a special method of expungement for a person who pleaded guilty to or was convicted of being a minor in possession of alcohol one time in Missouri. If more than a year has passed since the charge was disposed of or the person turns twenty-one, whichever is earlier, and the person has had no other MIP expungements and has had no other alcohol-related law enforcement contacts (like drunk driving or violating the terms of a liquor license), then all records of the case can be completely deleted upon proper application to the Circuit Court of the county in which the person was charged
Self Test for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
Please answer yes or no to the following questions:
1. Do you lose time from work due to your drinking or drug use?
2. Is drinking or drug use making your home life unhappy?
3 .Do you drink or use drugs because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking or using drugs affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking or drug use?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of your drinking or drug use?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking or using drugs?
8. Does your drinking or using drugs make you careless of your family’s welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking or using drugs?
10. Do you crave a drink or drugs at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink or drugs the next morning?
12. Does drinking or drug use cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or using drugs?
14. Is drinking or using drugs jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles?
16. Do you drink or use drugs alone?
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of your drinking or drug use?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use?
19. Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been in a hospital or institution on account of drinking or drug use?
Please contact me for a more comprehensive confidential assessment. 314-956-3139
This test was written at Johns Hopkins University to assess for alcoholism and drug addiction.
Mandatory alcohol assessment and treatment laws require convicted DUI/DWI offenders to undergo an assessment of alcohol abuse problems and, if necessary, participate in a treatment program. Assessment and/or treatment can be ordered by the Department of Motor Vehicles and/or the Court.
Sometimes there are reduced fines, jail times, license suspensions and/or probation for those offenders who undergo assessment and/or treatment. These steps are often recommended instead of serving a sentence of incarceration or paying fines.
I am available seven days a week for assessments.
States with this law: New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, Missouri, Montana, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, California, Delaware, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming, Vermont, Utah, Washington, Virginia