Trending: How the Stigma of Mental Health is Changing with Pop Culture
— Read on recovergateway.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/trending-how-the-stigma-of-mental-health-is-changing-with-pop-culture/
Posts tagged ‘Behavioral Health’
Suicide Lifeguard is a FREE app intended for anyone concerned that someone they know may be thinking of suicide. It provides information on:
• How to recognize warning signs of suicide • How to ask about suicidal thoughts and/or intentions • How to respond and • Where to refer
• Immediate connection to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline • Specific resources for:
o Military/Veterans o Those who identify as LGBTQ o Spanish speaking individuals o Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
• Direct access to national and Missouri resource websites
Suicide Lifeguard is a FREE app that is now available for both iOS and Android phones. To learn more, or download the app, please visit: http://bit.ly/Lifeguard-app
Gateway Alcohol & Drug Treatment Centers are proud to offer two free Lunchtime Learning webinars in January 2014. Don’t miss your chance to hear directly from Gateway’s substance abuse treatment and mindfulness-based sobriety experts and earn continuing education credit.
About the Training
The goal of this webinar is to increase understanding of mindfulness and its use in substance abuse treatment programs. Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you’re mindful, you observe and accept your thoughts, feelings, sensations, and urges, without judgment and without reacting to them.
This practice is highly effective in treating emotional dysregulation, stress, depression, grief, and impulsivity – all of which are at risk of fueling addiction.
What you will learn:
- The basics of mindfulness practice.
- The history and development of the Mindfulness-Based Therapy model.
- How Gateway’s innovative approach to mindfulness-based sobriety integrates Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing…
View original post 198 more words
Suicide prevention is near and dear to my heart. On April 21, 2009 I lost my son to suicide. This video captures the emptiness perfectly.